[CC-Hungary] Pirate leader Falkvinge: "Our enemy has no intellectual capital to bring to the battle" - P2P Consortium

Ákos Maróy darkeye at tyrell.hu
2008. Jan. 14., H, 11:16:10 CET

Interview a The Pirate Bay / The Pirate Party emberevel, pl:

What was remarkable was that this was the point where the enemy — forces
that want to lock down culture and knowledge at the cost of total
surveillance — realized they were under a serious attack... for the
first time, we saw everything they could bring to the battle. And it
was... nothing. Not even a fizzle. All they can say is 'thief, we have
our rights, we want our rights, nothing must change, we want more money,
thief, thief, thief'... Whereas we are talking about scarcity vs.
abundance, monopolies, the nature of property, 500-year historical
perspectives on culture and knowledge, incentive structures, economic
theory, disruptive technologies, etc. The difference in intellectual
levels between the sides is astounding... When the Iron Curtain fell,
all of the West rejoiced that the East would become just as free as the
West. It was never supposed to be the other way around.

http://www.p2pconsortium.com/index.php?showtopic=15274